PC-DSOFT6 is our DirectLOGIC PLC programming package, with a host of features that make it easier to program your PLC.
Other features include:
- It supports full-featured 32-bit Windows-based programming for all six DirectLOGIC PLC families, including all DL05s, DL06s, DL105s, DL205 CPUs, DL305 CPUs, DL405 CPUs, and most of their Koyo cousins.
- The software supports a wide array of on-line/off-line programming and documentation features.
- Fill-in-the-blank-style IBox instructions make writing your program faster and easier (certain DirectLOGIC CPUs required).
- Point and click or function key editing to suit anyone's programming style
- Customizable Tool Bars for EVERY menu command
- Desktop Themes to allow you to customize your window and tool bar look & feel
- All toolbars can be docked to any border or even floated outside of the DirectSOFT window for maximum ladder viewing
- Write your program with nicknames instead of data points
- I/O cross reference and element usage windows keep track of addresses used
- Set up the D0-DCM for the DL05 & DL06 right from the menu. PLC > Setup > D0-DCM allows you to configure each of the two serial ports, no ladder code required
The product offering has been simplified to a full support PC-DSOFT6 package that programs all of our DirectLogic PLCs, and our PC-DS100 package, which is a full-featured FREE programming package with a 100 word limitation. (DS100 is only available by download from our Web site)
Simplified packages make your selection fast and easy
PC-DSOFT6 , the newest DirectSOFT version, has a host of advanced features that make it easier to program your PLC. It supports full-featured 32-bit Windows-certified programming for all six DirectLOGIC PLC families, including all DL05s, DL06s, DL105s, DL205 CPUs, DL305 CPUs, DL405 CPUs, and all of their Koyo cousins. The software supports an incredible array of online/off-line programming and documentation features, as well as our ALL NEW IBox instructions.
- PC-DS100 is our all new free full-featured software package that allows a maximum of 100 words for programming, editing, and downloading in any DirectLOGIC CPU. A perfect solution for small applications! Larger programs can be created and saved but NOT reopened or downloaded without upgrading to the full version. FREE [download PC-DS100 at no charge now]
- PC-DSOFT6 is the full programming package for all six DirectLOGIC PLC families (DL05, DL06, DL105, DL205, DL305 and DL405) with no programming limitations, at the lowest price ever. [$Call]
- PC-R60-U lets you upgrade to Version 6 with complete DirectLOGIC CPU support regardless of what package you are upgrading from. Upgrade the PC-PGM-305, PC-PGM-205, PC-PGM-105 or PC-PGM-BRICK packages to PCDSOFT6 to support all other product families. [$Call]
Money-Back Guarantee on Software
Yes, we’re confident that our software can stand up to the test, but you should be the judge. That’s why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
DirectSoft6 – NEW Functions and Features
DirectSOFT Software for DirectLOGIC PLC programming has never been easier! Along with several improved operational features, we have taken the guesswork out of everyday programming with the new IBox instructions.
- 40+ new IBoxes are available in DirectSOFT6 and are compatible with DirectLOGIC DL05, DL06, D2-250-1, D2-260, and D4- 450 CPUs that have supporting firmware
- Configurable toolbars
- Extremely fast status updates
- New Trend View feature for monitoring and debugging
- Graphic Ladder View
- Ladder box leg labels
- Graphic Stage View
PC system compatibility
PC System Compatibility
Following are the recommended system requirements for running DirectSOFT6 on a PC:
- 1 GHz CPU
- CD/DVD drive OR an Internet connection for loading software
- Windows XP (Home and Pro)/Vista (all 32-bit and 64-bit versions)/Windows 7/Windows 8/8.1
(NOT available are DOS, OS/2, MacIntosh, Windows XP 64-bit, LINUX or UNIX versions, or 16-bit versions)
- 512 MB RAM and 50 MB free hard disk space
- At least one unused serial communications port or USB port using our USB-RS232, USB-to-serial adapter and/or 10-Base-T or 10/100-Base-T Ethernet network card
- Color SVGA monitor (1024 x 768)
The most notable feature in DirectSOFT6 is the IBox instructions. These fill-in-the-blank instructions are designed to make your programming experience quicker and easier than ever. With the IBoxes many everyday ladder code tasks are now quick and easy. More than 65 IBox instructions are available in the following six categories.
- Discrete Helper
- Analog Helpers
- Counter I/O
Here are a few examples of what you can do with the new IBox instructions:
Place mouse over Ibox image to enlarge
- MATHBCD - Math - BCD Format lets you enter complex mathematical expressions like you would in Visual Basic, Excel, or C++
- OFFDTMR - Off Delay Timer will delay the "turning off" of the output parameter by the specified off delay time
- PONPOFF - Push ON/Push OFF Circuit toggles an output state whenever the input power flow transitions from off to on
- ANLGCMB - Analog Input/Output Combo Module Pointer Setup generates the logic to configure the pointer method for one analog input/output combo module during the first PLC scan following a Program to Run transition.
- ECEMAIL - ECOM100 Send E-mail. On a leading edge transition, ECEMAIL will send a request to your SMTP Server to send the e-mail message to the e-mail addresses in the To: field (* requires an Hx-ECOM100 100MBit communications module)
DirectSOFT Ibox exampl
DirectSOFT6 is perfectly suitable for use with laptop computers as long as they meet the requirements shown above. Most laptops can be ordered with a serial port as an option, which will allow a direct connection to our DirectLOGIC PLCs. If your laptop has a USB port, consider using our USB to serial adapter, USB-RS232. If your laptop has an Ethernet port and you are considering a DL05, DL06, DL205 or DL405 PLC, consider using the Hx-ECOM100 Ethernet Communications Module to connect your PC to the PLC (The D2-230 does not support the ECOM).
Any size monitor will work, however, larger, higher resolution monitors enhance the features of DirectSOFT6.